Wednesday, April 6, 2016

21 DSD Day 3

All of the articles I have read regarding the 21 Day Sugar Detox state that day three can be the worst.  Carb cravings, flu-like symptoms, moodiness--yikes!  So far I have experienced none of this.  Maybe this will happen tomorrow, maybe not.  If it does, I know this is my body's way of naturally detoxing all of the toxins I consumed prior to Monday.  I find that if I just eat when I am hungry, and make the meals count with good fats, protein and vegetables, I don't experience cravings.  Hmmm, until today after lunch.  I met a friend for lunch--my first meal out since starting the 21 DSD on Monday--and had my first strong craving for dark chocolate.  I was able to pass by the bowl of my favorite hard candies with no problem, but the chocolate craving was still there.  I find that drinking a sparkling water seems to satisfy my craving, so there is my answer to that problem.

Below is a glimpse of my Day 3 meals.

As a reminder, I am Level 2 with energy modifications.

Day 3
   Breakfast: Organic coffee with unsweetened coconut and almond milk
                     Water
                     1/2 roasted sweet potato, cinnamon and walnuts
                     Chocolate avocado shake


Chocolate avocado shake, recipe courtesy of EvolvewellStef

   Morning snack:
                 1/4 cup horseradish sauerkraut
                 5 almonds  

   Lunch: Bun-less burger, mustard, lettuce and tomato
                
   Afternoon Snack: Apple Banana Cinnamon Cookies
                               Recipe here

   Dinner: Pollo Asado with Cilantro Cauli-Rice
               -from my 21 Day Sugar Detox quick start guide

I have found that Pinterest is a great resource for more 21DSD compliant recipes.  I see more recipes for treats than anything else.  Looks like everyone is desperately trying to fill the dessert void somehow!

What are your favorite 21DSD recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment