Monday, April 11, 2016

21 Day Sugar Detox--Days 6, 7 & 8

My first weekend on the 21 DSD went pretty well but not perfect.  The dinner I was worried about was smooth sailing until I saw the double chocolate, gluten-free cookies.  Yep, I failed and ate one.  It was delicious, but definitely was followed with guilt.  So, I reminded myself of how well I ate for the actual dinner and forgave myself for the cookie splurge.  I picked right back up Sunday morning and haven't looked back since the cookie-ha.

Day 6
   Dinner: homemade guacamole, fajita chicken and beef with sautéed onion and bell     
                pepper.

Day 7
   Breakfast: I made the apple sausage patties from my 21 Day Sugar Detox quick start guide      
                       and they are delicious.  I used ground chicken because I could not find quality         
                       ground pork that was not already seasoned.

   Morning Snack: Almond Milk Smoothie     
                              8 oz. unsweetened almond milk
                              1 green tip banana
                              1TBSP 100% organic cacao powder
                              1 TSP hemp hearts
                              1/2 TSP chia seeds
                              1 heaping TBSP almond butter
                              All ingredients blended together in Nutri Bullet blender
                              ***Can you tell I'm in love with this shake?

   Lunch: 1 link of spicy pork sausage from Whole Foods, spicy mustard and sauerkraut

   Dinner: Roast chicken (leg and thigh)
                Sweet potatoes, carrot and onion

   Dessert1 Apple Banana Cinnamon Cookie (recipe here)

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment