Saturday, April 9, 2016

21 Day Sugar Detox Day 5

Day 4, everything I said about you I take back.  Yesterday afternoon was rough.  Maybe it was my fault and perhaps I did not consume enough carb rich vegetables (I did not eat sweet potato yesterday) but I was shaky, weak, lethargic, hungry--not fun.  I'm thinking the combination of the sugar detoxification from my body and being pregnant didn't work with the amount and type of food I ate yesterday.

Day 5 started with a new approach and so far so good! 

As a reminder, I am Level 2 with energy modifications.

Day 5
   Breakfast: Organic coffee with unsweetened coconut and almond milk
                     Water
                     1/2 of spinach and smoked salmon frittata (Recipe here)
                     2 slices bacon

   Morning SnackAlmond Milk Smoothie     
                              8 oz. unsweetened almond milk
                              1 green tip banana
                              1TBSP 100% organic cacao powder
                              1 TSP hemp hearts
                              1/2 TSP chia seeds
                              1 heaping TBSP almond butter
                              All ingredients blended together in Nutri Bullet blender

   LunchPollo Asado with Cilantro Cauli-Rice (leftover from Wednesday)
               -from my 21 Day Sugar Detox quick start guide

   Dinner: Whole Foods Rotisserie Chicken (leftover from last night)    
               Brussels sprouts with crispy capers and bacon from the 21 Day Sugar Detox       
               quick start guide book.

I am up for my first challenge tomorrow evening.  We are going to a friend's house for dinner and I hope there are a few selections that I can make work with the 21 Day Sugar Detox.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment