Tuesday, April 5, 2016

21 DSD Day 2

Well, I made it to day two!  Other than feeling more hungry than usual this morning, I feel great.  I have not experienced a sweet craving today, thank goodness.  I started my day with a great breakfast and I think this has set me up for less cravings today.  My husband says he is doing well and is surviving the temptations at work.

As a reminder, I am Level 2 with energy modifications.

Day 2
   Breakfast: Organic coffee with unsweetened coconut and almond milk (I definitely miss a
                     bit of sweetener in my coffee!)
                     2 1/2 scrambled eggs (my daughter ate the other 1/2)
                     1/3 of an avocado
                     a few slices of wild atlantic smoked salmon
                     water with lemon

   No morning snack

   Lunch: ~1 1/2 cup of leftover Cauliflower Chowder from Sunday
                Yogurt Bowl (about 30 minutes later)


               Bulgarian yogurt plus a heaping TBSP of greek yogurt
               2/3 green tip banana, sliced
               Handful of blueberries
               A few goji berries
               Hemp seeds
               Heavy sprinkle of organic 100% cacao
               Heaping TBSP of almond butter
This is definitely not the most attractive yogurt bowl I've seen but this is what I was craving.

   No Afternoon Snack

   Dinner: Leftover Slow Cooker Paleo Italian Meatballs with Parsnip and Turnip Mash
                Recipe for the parsnip and turnip mash can be found via the Meals Made Simple          
               cookbook.

               Spinach Salad with bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
                Balsamic dressing (serves 2)
                   2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
                   1 TBSP olive oil
                   1 TBSP spicy mustard
                   Salt and Pepper
                   Squeeze of lemon   

I hope to have time to bake a few items from the 21 DSD cookbook tomorrow.

More to come on day 3.

Heather
                   
             

No comments:

Post a Comment