Thursday, March 31, 2016

The BEST Paleo Blueberry Muffins

In the midst of hectic weekday mornings trying to get everyone ready and out the door I find myself really looking forward to Thursday morning.  This special morning brings peace and quiet with a cup of coffee and a cookbook, deciding what to make for breakfast.  

My daughter and I do not have to leave the house until 11 a.m., which allows her to sleep in and me to make breakfast.  Not a quick scrambled egg with toast (for my daughter) or smoked salmon (for me), not yogurt with berries, although these breakfast items are delicious.  An actual breakfast where I can create and bake something delicious, like these paleo, gluten free and refined sugar free blueberry muffins.  Sometimes almond flour can make your baked bread a bit too moist or oily but these are perfect.  The amount of blueberries are also perfect for the amount of muffins made (12).  There is an interesting ingredient added at the end right before baking that really adds a delicious twist to this recipe--cinnamon.  I paired the muffins with a piece of Applegate breakfast sausage.  You know you have made a winner when your three old eats three muffins! 


Paleo blueberry muffins, recipe courtesy of Bravo For Paleo



As I was preparing the recipe this morning, I was thinking about the blueberry muffins I ate as a kid.  You know, the box you pick up on the baking aisle at the grocery store.  I cringe at the thought, but that was my normal back then.  I am so happy to feed my daughter healthy meals, even "treat" breakfasts like this one.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment