Friday, March 18, 2016

Homemade Bone Broth

Recipe for chicken bone broth, courtesy of Against All Grain


I first heard about bone broth a few years back.  It wasn't until I recently started researching the paleo lifestyle that I really learned why bone broth is so beneficial to your health.  I found Danielle Walker's recipe and thought I would give it a try.  And why not--it's so easy to make.  My husband will often times make roast chicken for our Sunday family dinner, so I used the remaining carcass and vegetables I already had on hand for the broth.  Throw all of the ingredients in your slow cooker, set on low and cook for about 24 hours.  So easy and delicious.  I have already used some of the broth for parsnip and turnip mash, but could easily drink directly out of the jar.  Give it a try.  Having homemade bone broth on hand is a great foundation for paleo cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment